Summer Program Guidelines 2023
Following are some general guidelines for summer 2023!
- Refunds: No refunds will be given later than one week prior to start of program. Any refund granted before that date will be subject to a processing fee of $7.50 per child. Refunds will be given in full if for any reason the program is cancelled.
- All classes meet at the Log Cabin on Ruckman Road in Closter.
- Please have your child wear comfortable clothes appropriate for outdoor activity and closed shoes, which can get dirty. Every participant must dress for the weather and have a good set of rain gear at the ready.
- For heavy rain or lightning, the cabin and cabin porch will be utilized.
- We recommend sunscreen and a safe bug repellent be applied to your child before you bring them. Ticks and mosquitoes are present in any natural setting, including the Nature Center. Repellents for children should have no more than about 12% DEET and should not be applied to a child’s hands or face.
- Parents or caretaker must have the ability to pick up their child if we suspect any illness.
- An outdoor hand washing and sanitizing station will be available at all times.
- Indoor toilet facilities are available.
- Participants are encouraged to have a small backpack for any of their personal needs- bug spray, sun block, rain gear, extra clothing, water bottle, etc.
- Everyone should arrive with at least a full pint-sized water bottle, potable water is available for refilling water bottles. Please label all water bottles with your child’s name. We encourage the use of reuseable water bottles! Please do not send disposable plastic bottles, or glass containers.
Here is a student checklist that you can use each day:
😊 Well fed!
😁 Well hydrated.
😁 Health check.
😁 Backpack, with personal stuff
😊 Water bottle, chilled is best
😊 Rain gear at the ready
😊 Good hiking shoes, closed-toe, Crocs or sturdy sandals are fine.
😊 Ready for fun!!!