Closter Nature Center Summer Program 2022
Guidelines during the possible continuation of the Covid-19 Pandemic
Dear parents and students,
Welcome! We are excited to be able to offer our CNC Nature Program this summer! Naturalist Marc Gussen has some great adventures planned. It is possible that this summer there will not be any Covid-19 restrictions. We will follow any guidelines set forth by the Closter Department of Health and the CDC.
Please review the following:
- Conduct a Daily Health Check before arriving. Do not bring your child if they are ill.
- A visual health check will be conducted as students arrive each day, and before the parent leaves.
Do not send your child to our program if they exhibit any one of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell.
Or any two of the following symptoms: chills, shivers, muscle aches, headache, diarrhea, fatigue, nausea/vomiting, congestion/runny nose.
Or have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive to covid-19.
- Parents must have the ability to pick up their child if we suspect any illness.
- An outdoor hand washing and sanitizing station will be available at all times.
- Every participant must dress for the weather and have a good set of rain gear at the ready.
- For heavy rain or lightning, the cabin and cabin porch will be utilized.
- Indoor toilet facilities are available. Cleaned and sanitized between each session.
- All equipment and surfaces will be sanitized between sessions.
- Participants are encouraged to have a small backpack for any of their personal needs- bug spray, sun block, rain gear, extra clothing, water bottle, etc.
- Everyone should arrive with at least a full pint-sized water bottle, potable water is available for refilling water bottles. Please label all water bottles with your child’s name. Please do not send disposable bottles, or glass containers.
Here is a student checklist that you can use each day.
😊 Well fed!
😁 Well hydrated.
😁 Health check.
😁 Backpack, with personal stuff
😊 Water bottle, chilled is best
😊 Rain gear at the ready
😊 Good hiking shoes, closed-toe, Crocs or sturdy sandals are fine.
😊 Ready for fun!!!